St. Thomas for Homecoming


     St. Thomas was AMAZING to say the least! I had such a good time and enjoyed our week over there on their campus. The best part was the food and my least favorite thing was the sleeping arrangements. The food was delicious, we had quite a wide variety and I got some of my favorite items I've been missing like pork sausage, ribs, and breakfast items! The rooms were just tight and I couldn't imagine sleeping there for an entire semester, maybe in another dorm, but this specific one was two small for two people. 

    I aside from the food and rooms, I loved the campus. There was lots of walking and big hills, but they have a beach on the campus, sports, and life is so much busier over there. We went on an island tour to learn some history of the island but for the most part our days were jam packed with basketball games during the HBCU Classic. Some of the universities from the states came down and played in several games during the week. 

    We closed the week out with a gala. I ordered a dress from Amazon and it came pretty quickly, so I was pleased with my outfit. We had good food, music, and got to see the Homecoming Queen and King be crowned. I now must return to St. Croix as we prepare to close out the semester and get ready for finals. 

    I booked my flight home last week, so that is all set. This week, I'm catching up on work I missed last week and hopefully getting my phone situation sorted out (I have to send my broke phone to Apple for repair). Over the next few weeks, I plan to check off any final items on my must do list and hopefully visit Buck Island. I can't believe I have less than a month left! 


Comments

  1. Your trip sounds so fun and I can't believe you are already almost done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Addams Family

First Week of Classes