Almost that time!

Personal Goals: 

Personally, I want to be able to grow as an individual. This experience of being away from family and friends for a long period of time is new to me. I want to be able to not only meet new people, but form relationships that last far beyond my time there. I want to fully experience all that St. Croix has to offer as far as food, music, traditions, etc. I also want to try at least one thing out of my comfort zone! 

Academic Goals: 

Academically, I hope to excel in the classroom. I'm interested to see how their lectures and use of technology for assignments works. I know this will be different from my home university in many areas. I am looking forward to the classes I will be taking because these are classes not offered at UofSC. I hope to gain lots of knowledge and insight to bring back to my home university. 


Bucket List: 

1. Snorkeling

2. Trying foods exclusive to the U.S. Virgin Islands

3.Traveling over to Puerto Rico


I am definitely excited about my whole experience. I am nervous about the unknown such as getting adjusted, meeting my roommate for the first time, and making friends. The campus is small, so I don't have to worry about getting lost or looking for my class buildings. I am most excited about the climate there and hope to see lots of water. As a future educator, I want to be well diversed with my students through my lived experiences. This opportunity allows me to gain much needed exposure that I can use in my future classroom. This can be learning styles, different accommodations to incorporate, and much more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Addams Family

First Week of Classes

St. Thomas for Homecoming