Thrifting

Another week closer to midterms! This week we had a Resource Pop Up Fair so I was happy to see more people. Coming from such a large school and seeing so many faces everyday to seeing the same few people is certainly an interesting experience. I also miss having reliable trasnportation and being around many restaraunts. Nonetheless, my weekend was very exciting! On Friday, we had a large movie night (the girls in my suite and the suite across the hall). We watched Lady Bird, a coming of age movie about a highschool girl who had issues with her mother. I enjoy living in the dorms because we get to go to one another's suites and hang out all the time. On Saturday, we woke up bright and early and headed out to the thrift shop. Suprisingly, we were all able to find some items. The shop wasn't very big but I would say there was a decent selection of clothing. I got a orange button down shirt, two piece tan set, some scarves, and a black purse all for only $12. We will definitely be going back there soon. For lunch, I had sweet and sour chicken from a restaurant on the boardwalk in Christiansted. We spent the whole day there, so I also grabbed dinner on the boardwalk. I had a jerk chicken quesidilla and sweet chili chicken wings, these were both very delicious! I decided to rest on Sunday, so I went to brunch in the cafeteria around 12pm. Today's menu included pancakes, sausage, eggs, and breakfast potatoes. These food items reminded me of Sundays at home, my family loves breakfast food, so we would have it quite often. I also got caught up on work and prepared for tomorrow's beach day. My afternoon class is cancelled for tomorrow, so my roomate and I decided Monday would be the perfect beach day.

Comments

  1. I am extremely envious of both the food selections and the amazing bargain for your purchases at the thrift store. What has been your favorite food so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely enjoyed lots of the restaurants here, but I must say the jerk chicken quesadilla has been my favorite. I love quesadillas and this one was very tasty, it even came with a pineapple cilantro cream sauce!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Addams Family

First Week of Classes

St. Thomas for Homecoming