First Week of Classes

Classes started on Monday and I was so nervous because I had no idea what to expect. This semester, I  have 2 classes via zoom and 3 classes in-person. I love the in-person classes because I get to interact with people and I'm tired of online classes. My professors are lovely so far, my largest class has about 20 students and my smallest one is 2 students (another student and I). Campus is very small compared to UofSC. There are also only a few classrooms, so I definitely can't get lost. 

Residence Life hosts many events throughout the week and I am very grateful for that. This week, we had  a game night, a paint night, and ended the week with a trip to the local movie theater. I was so surprised by the food prices! Everything was affordable compared to movie theater food at home, which is so expensive. I remember a small popcorn and drink was $4, they also had wings, quesadillas, nachos, hotdogs, and so much more. We saw Protege, which was an amazing movie, and I would rate a 10/10. 

On Saturday, I finally made it to the beach. It was so beautiful, but there was so much walking we had to do. We swam in the water for a few hours and then grabbed a bite to eat before catching a taxi back to campus. Unlike home, I have to walk or take a taxi to get most places. The taxi is $2.50 per person each way and takes us into town whenever. With so few students on campus, we all hangout together and see one another pretty much everyday. 

I had a few assignments the first week, nothing too hard. I ended my week with a negative COVID-19 test and a much needed nap. I can't wait to see what activities Residence Life has planned for next week! 

The restaurant we ate at after the beach on Saturday. 

Dorsche Beach










Comments

  1. That sounds so amazing. I'm also so jealous that you can go to the beach. I definitely miss the beach while being back at UofSC this semester. Even more so than usualy when the weather is as hot as it has been lately. Do you like the small campus compared to UofSC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoy the small campus because I don't have far to walk for my classes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Addams Family

St. Thomas for Homecoming