Settling In


This has been a busy first week! I arrived last Sunday and have enjoyed every minute since. My heart was racing leaving the airport because I had no idea what my next few months would be like away from home. Everyone on campus was very welcoming and I made friends immediately. 

I was pleased with my roommate and began unpacking. I was able to unpack and set up my room pretty quickly because I could only bring two suitcases worth of stuff. There's no AC here in the dorms, so I purchased a fan to keep us cool. I would say I've been most surprised by some of the price differences. Most foods are about double, if not triple the price of the states. Items like chips, caprisuns, and microwavable meals are much higher. 

Throughout the week, I met some of the other NSE students and learned the dos and donuts on the islands from the locals here. They reminded me to always speak to everyone and greet them with "morning," "afternoon," or "night" depending on the time of the day. There aren't many students living on campus and I believe that is due to the COVID-19 vaccination mandate taking place here. The numbers for the university are also down, so they are trying to make the best out of the situation. With that being said, I have definitely enjoyed getting to know everyone because there aren't many of us here. 

Our week was full of activities and touring. This week classes start, I enjoyed orientation week and I'm ready to be in the classroom.  I'm so excited for this semester and can't wait to share all of my adventures! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Addams Family

First Week of Classes

St. Thomas for Homecoming